"Cold-Case Christianity — A Seasoned Cop's Unique Approach to Discovering Truth"
January 15-16th, 2016Register Online J. Warner Wallace - Founder of Cold-Case Christian Ministries & Adjunct Professor of Apologetics, Biola University.
Holiday Inn Missouri Rm - please check back for changes. (Topics and lectures below)
A homicide detective brings a fresh approach to apologetics:"If teenagers lack an articulate faith, it may be because the faith we show them is too spineless to merit much in the way of conversation." Wallace uses his nationally recognized skills as a homicide detective to look at the evidence behind Christian beliefs. He will first look at "Moralistic Therapeutic Deism" - what is this belief system that rules our youth's minds? How have we gotten to this place and how do we better prepare our youth for what they will face at the University? "
Has an outside intruder tinkered with our universe? A fresh perspective on the evidence for creation:Warner examines eight critical pieces of evidence in the "crime scene" of the universe to determine if they point to a Divine Intruder. If you have ever wondered if something (or someone) outside the natural realm created the universe and everything in it, you will want to hear Jim's examination of "God's Crime Scene."
Beyond the low hanging fruit:"We are seeing a greater and greater need in the church for 'case making.' I have learned how to help the church... make the case to a culture that is increasingly challenging what we believe."
(J. Warner Wallace)
Our Program for January 15-16th, 2016Friday Night 7- 9:00pm
- 7:00 - 8:00pm "Who's Waiting for Your Kids?"
- What worldview will students encounter at University?
- Are our kids prepared for the challenge?
- How can we change our approach to better prepare them for the university setting?
- 8:15 - 9:15 pm "The Case for Truth"
- What is the difference between subjective and objective truth and how does it help us make the case for Christianity?
- What are the three lies the culture tells about the truth?
- What is the definition of truth and what false definitions are offered by the culture?
- 9:00 - 10:00am "The Cold-Case Reliability of the Gospels"
- How do we know the New Testament Gospels are reliable?
- What criteria is used to determine if a witness is reliable and do the Gospel authors pass the test?
- 10:15 - 11:30 am - "God's Crime Scene — Investigating the Evidence for God's Existence"
- What are the criteria detectives use to determine if a death scene is a crime scene and how might this approach help us to determine if God exists?
- What evidence in the universe points to the existence of God?
- What alternatives can atheism provide for these evidences?
Upcoming Seminars 2015-2016Scott Klusendorf - Life Training Institute. Are the Unborn Members of the Human Family? Making the Pro-Life Argument.
Feb. 26-27th 2016
Abdu Murray Esquire - Embrace the Truth Ministries. The Truth About Islam - from a Former Muslim
April 15-16, 2016
Brett Kunkle - Stand To Reason Ministries. God, Goodness and the Problem of Evil. Sept. 30-Oct. 1st, 2016
Dr. Christopher Yuan - Professor at Moody Bible Institute. "Holy Sexuality - A Gay Son's Journey to God. Nov. 4-5th 2016
Dick Pence - Coordinator 406-672-9207
Contributions to: Big Sky Worldview Forum, c/o Donna Braun, 333 S. 38th St. W., Billings, MT 59102
Our SpeakerFounder of Cold-Case Christian Ministries & Adjunct Professor of Apologetics, Biola University
Jim was a well-respected cold-case homicide detective in L.A. and is now among the most sought after apologists in America. He was a vocal atheist through his undergraduate and graduate training and an "evidentialist." After his conversion, his experience in law enforcement served to strengthen his conviction that truth is tied directly to evidence. He brings those unique skills to the arena of apologetics. He is the author of: Cold-Case Christianity, A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospel and God's Crime Scene: A Cold Case Detective Investigates the Evidence for a Divinely Created Universe. Jim holds a M.S. in Design and Architecture from UCLA and a Masters in Theology from Golden Gate Baptist Seminary. He and his wife Susie of thirty five years live in Southern California. They have two boys and two girls.
Info coming soonComplete Program and Event Brochure