I Don't Have Enough Faith to be An Atheist - A Logical Apologetic for BelievingNOTE: The Change in Location
Dr. Frank Turek President - Cross Examined Ministries
Equipping You to Make the Case:
This forum will be focused on the most essential apologetic cases for the Christian faith. Frank Turek is one of the most logical, clear thinking men you will meet. He will lay out a clear case for why it takes more faith to be an atheist than to embrace Christianity - helping us to engage friends more effectively. Bring your youth, bring your skeptical friend.
Real World Commitment
In his bio, Frank says "I got a phone call from one of Bank of America's HR managers who said "we've just learned someone googled you and found out you wrote a book against same-sex marriage, we can't use you anymore". This came after fifteen years teaching seminars on leadership and team building. Cisco Systems terminated our agreement for the same reason." His reviews had been excellent - he didn't talk about these subjects in his seminars.
In the Middle of the Fire
Turek is an apologist who understands the realities of our world where taking a stand is costly. The price paid for standing for truth either makes a man bitter, causes him to quit or modify his message... or it sharpens him in God. You are going to love how Frank engages you and the cynics... with grace that comes from a deep understanding of who God is and what his calling is
Christian Foundation and Worldview Lecture Series
Friday night at 7:00 pm and Saturday morning at 9:00 am - Feb. 27-28th, 2015.
West Side Baptist Church, 323 South 32St. West, Billings, 59102 (North off of King Ave on 32nd Street)
NOTE about Church Services: Dr. Turek will also speak on a different subject "Stealing From God - Why Atheists Need God To Make Their Case" at Faith Evangelical Church 3145 Sweet Water Dr. at 5:00pm Saturday evening and Sunday at 8:30 and 11:00am - also Sunday School at 9:45am.
What requires more Faith - Embracing atheism or... Believing in a Creator God?
- Why should anyone believe anything at all?
- Does Truth Exist?
- If truth does not exist then how can a book about God be true?
- Does God Exist?
- Does scientific and philosophical evidence point to the existence of a theistic God?
- Are Miracles Possible?
- If not, what does the Bible really have to say to us?
- Are the New Testament Documents Reliable?
- What is the worth of eye witness testimony that validates the miracle of the resurrection?
- What does all this say about Jesus?
- If Jesus is not God, what are we left with?
6:30 pm - Registration: Meet and greet, and book opportunity
7:00 - 8:10 pm - Does Truth Exist? If truth does not exist then no book about God can be true.
8:20 - 9:15 pm - A Does God Exist? - If scientific and philosophical evidence points to the existence of a theistic God, then atheism must be false.
Saturday Morning Agenda:
8:30 am - Registration: Meet and greet, and book opportunity
9:00 - 10:10 am - Are Miracles Possible? - If miracles are impossible then no miracle in the Bible can be true, including the resurrection.
10:20 - 11:30 am - Are the New Testament Documents Reliable?
- If miracles are possible and we have good eye witness testimony that validates the miracle of the resurrection, what does that say about Jesus?
Upcoming Seminars- Dr. Glenn Sunshine - Professor of Early Modern European History, Central Connecticut State University. What Has Christianity Ever Done For Us - The Influence on Western Thought? Glenn is a Fellow at the Acton Institute, faculty member at Colson Center Centurions Program April 17-18th, 2015.
- John Stonestreet - Summit Ministries Director of Curriculum and Executive Director of the Colson Center Sept 25-26th 2015 No Virtue, No Freedom - the Connection between Morality and Free Society
- Dr. Mark David Hall - Professor of Political Science, George Fox University. Religious Liberty in America: From the Founders to Barack Obama - Join us Nov. 13-14th 2015
Dick Pence - Coordinator 406-534-2019 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contributions to: Big Sky Worldview Forum, c/o Donna Braun, 333 S. 38th St. W., Billings, MT 59102
Our SpeakerFrank Turek is a Christian apologist, speaker, and radio and television host. Frank is an eight-year veteran of the Navy, having served as an Aviator in the Pacific Ocean and Indian Oceans, and the Persian Gulf.
Turek speaks at universities, conferences, and churches. He hosts a radio call-in show called Cross Examined on American Family Radio. His weekly television show I Don't Have Enough Faith to be An Atheist airs on the National Religious Broadcasting Network.
He also works in the business world. Holding an M.A. in Public Administration. He teaches classes in leadership and team building to corporate clients.
He has coauthored I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist and Legislating Morality. He is the author of Stealing from God: Why Atheists Need God to Make Their Case and Correct Not Politically Correct: How Same-Sex Marriage Hurt Everyone.
Frank holds a Ph.D. in Apologetics from Southern Evangelical Seminary. He and his wife Stephanie reside near Charlotte, North Carolina. They have three sons.
Why do we demand Truth from a medicine bottle but not in morality or religion?Complete Program and Event Brochure
- Frank argues that truth is based in correspondence to an absolute reality, and is therefore not subjective. It therefore follows that religious truth is also objective, and that to state that there is no truth or that truth is subjective is self-refuting.
- After arguing for the objectivity of truth, Turek then argues for the objectivity of knowledge. He asks those who argue that one cannot know anything for sure if they can know that for sure.
- Frank concludes by saying that people cannot be skeptics about everything, because then they would have to doubt skepticism.
- Frank will weave the argument into his presentations that every law has a moral base. The only question is "whose morality"
- Here he exposes the fallacious thinking of that growing "ism" - Libertarianism