GOALS AND TOPICS
Where Have We Been... Where are We Going?
We thought it might be of interest for you to be able to scan the topics we have covered since we started in September of 2011. We will also lay out dates we have scheduled for the near future. Our focus is the six major evangelistic worldviews and the six major components of each worldview. You can see these on the worldview chart at this tab.
We hope to influence in two primary ways.
First - we want to bring together those who have had an interest in worldview topics and mentoring. It is helpful to get connected with others who have a particular interest or calling.
Second - we intend that our Forums will also impact those willing to consider these subjects who may not have a background in worldview disciplines. We would endeavor to awaken their interests.
Becoming a Catalyst and Encourager
Our desire is that the lectures will promote a strong intellectual challenge that equips and stimulates. In time we trust that this will result in believers who are more confident to engage in the public square. Study groups can also be a real encouragement to those who are learning and wishing to become more effective in their witness. If you are interested in starting a study group, let us provide some suggestions and material.
SPEAKERS & SUBJECTS PAST & FUTURE
- Chuck Edwards - (Sept. 2011) Summit Ministries. Looking Through the Glasses of Competing Worldviews
- Dr. Brian Mattson - (Oct. 2011) Senior Scholar for Public Theology, Center for Cultural Leadership. Privatized Faith: The Sacred/Secular Distinction and The Christian Worldview.
- Dr. David Noebel - (Nov. 2011) Founder of Summit Ministries. Cultural Marxism: Alive and Thriving In America
- Dr. P. J. Hill - (Jan. 2012) Professor Emeritus of Economic, Wheaton College. The Morality of Capitalism: Ethical Influences on Economics
- John Stonestreet - (Feb. 2012) Fellow, Summit Ministries and the Colson Center. The Crisis of Ethics: Consequences of Neglecting Moral and Worldview Equipping
- Jennifer Marshall - (March 2012) The Heritage Foundation. Effective Compassion - Dealing Successfully with Poverty
- Jeff Ventrella Esquire - (May 2012) Alliance Defending Freedom. "The Cultural Advocate Today - For Religious Liberty
- Curtis Bowers - (July 2012) Independent film producer. Marxism on the March in America: Current Conquest or Contrived Conspiracy Theory?
- Warren Cole Smith - (Sept. 2012) WORLD Magazine, Culture, Media, and the Health of Modern Evangelicalism: A Seasoned Journalist's Perspective
- Dr. Nathaniel Jeanson - (Nov. 2012) Deputy Director of Life Sciences for the Creation Research Institute "Life... Created or Just Part of the Cosmos? Does It Matter?"
- Rev. Bill Nikides - (Jan. 2013) Director of Church-to-Church, Advancing Native Missions. Islam: The Western Christian Response ...and the Insider Movement?
- Eric Teetsel - (Feb. 2013) The Colson Center - Manhattan Declaration. The Institution of Marriage - Foundation for Culture. With the Montana Family Foundation.
- Dr. Michael Bauman - (March 2013) Professor of Theology and Culture - Hillsdale College Wrestling with Critical Thinking in a Sound-Bite Culture
- Greg Koukl - (May 2013) President and founder of: Stand to Reason Apologetic Ministries. From Truth to Experience: Why the Church is Losing It's Vitality
- Dr. Michael Coffman - (Sept. 2013) President: Environnemental Perspectives, Inc. The United Nations and Its Step Children: Agenda 21: Threat to the America and the Church.
- Jeffery Ventrella Esquire - (Nov. 2013) Alliance Defending Freedom. Law, Caesar, and Liberty - Who Is Shaping Culture?
- Dr. R.C. Sproul Jr. - (Jan. 2014) Highlands Ministries. From Biblical Economics to Pro-Life: Progressive Threats to the Creator's Order *
- Warren Cole Smith - (Feb. 2014) WORLD Magazine. Prodigal Press: Confronting the Anti-Christian Bias of the American News Media
- Dr. Mike Adams - (March 2014) Professor of Criminology, Univ. of North Carolina, Wilmington. Activist for Free Speech & Pro-Life: On College Campuses and Everywhere Else
- Jennifer Lahl - (July 2014) President, Center for Bioethics and Culture. The Ethics of the New Modern Family - Is This the New Normal? Jennifer was recommended to us by Jeff Ventrella and John Stonestreet.
- Dr. Jay Richards - (Sept. 2014) Senior Fellow, Discovery Institute. Myths About Capitalism - It's Fit With Christianity and Freedom.
- Dr. Brian Mattson - (Nov.2014) Center for Cultural Leadership. Challenging Secularism's Sense of Entitlement - by Our Engagement (Nov. 2014)
- Dr. Sean McDowell - (Jan. 2015) Worldview Ministries. Same-Sex Marriage, Compassion and Clarity.
- Dr. Frank Turek - (Feb. 2015) CEO of Cross Examined I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist & Legislating Morality In a Politically Correct Culture
- Dr. Glenn Sunshine - (April 2015) Professor of Early Modern European History, Central Connecticut State University. Christianity & The Western Political Tradition - Understanding our Governmental Roots
- Josh McDowell - Josh McDowell Ministries a division of "Cru." The Perfect Storm: Colliding Cultural Forces in America. June 26-27th, 2015
- John Stonestreet - Summit Ministers & the Colson Center, Oct. 2-3, 2015. Restoring All Things: God's Plan to Change the World through Everyday People
- Dr. Mark David Hall - Professor of Political Science, George Fox Univ. Religious Liberty in America: From the Founders to Barack Obama Nov. 6-7th, 2015
- J. Warner Wallace - Cold-Case Christian Ministries. A homicide detectives to look at the evidence behind Christian beliefs. Jan 15-16th, 2016
- Scott Klusendorf - Life Training Institute. Are the Unborn Members of the Human Family? Making the Pro-Life Argument. Feb. 26-27th, 2016
- Abdu Murray Esquire - Ravi Zacharias International Ministries. "The Truth about Islam." April 15-16th, 2016
- Dr. Ryan T. Anderson, Heritage Foundation. "Standing Together for Marriage and Religious Liberty. July 22-23rd 2016
- Brett Kunkle - Stand To Reason Apologetic Ministries. "God, Goodness and the Problem of Evil." Sept. 30-Oct. 1st, 2016
- Dr. Christopher Yuan & Family- Professor at Moody Bible Institute. "Holy Sexuality - A Gay Son's Journey to God." Nov. 4-5th 2016
Dr. Paul Nelson, Senior Fellow, Discovery Institute. “Intelligent Design, Evolution, and the Future of Free Science.” Jan. 27-28th. 2017
Dr. Carol Swain, Professor of Political Science and Law, Vanderbilt University. “Cultural Marxism’s Impact on Higher Education.” Carol is the African American historian in the film “Hillary’s America, the Secret History of the Democratic Party.” March 17-18th, 2017
Glenn Stanton, Director of Family Formation Studies, Focus on the Family. “Comparisons of Same-sex vs. Traditional Parenting Outcomes.” Sept. 22-23rd, 2017
Dr. Kathy Koch, Celebrate Kids Ministries. Dangers of a Narrow View of Intelligence in Youth. Jan. 26-27th, 2018.
John Eidsmoe Esquire, Professor – Oak Brook College of Law. Historical and Theological Foundations of Law and the Founders. March 16-17th, 2018
"To engage the world...requires that we understand that great ideas compete for people's minds and hearts [because] 'ideas have consequences. It is great ideas that inform the mind, fire the imagination, move the heart, and shape the culture. History is little more than the recording of the rise and fall of great ideas - the world views - that form our values and move us to act." (Charles Colson & Nancy Pearcey)
Our Challenge in Conclusion
Can we "nurture" an excitement in Christians to begin to re-capture these disciplines for the Kingdom? Perhaps the answer is yes, if we recognize and utilize those He has "called" into these areas of discipline. Perhaps we can then experience the God ordained passion for these disciplines needed to ignite that excitement - as we seek to equip.